FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 17, 2012
EXPERIENCE A HOLIDAY SHOPPING TRADITION THAT GIVES BACK AT PARK ROYAL’S 2012 STARRY NIGHTS
WEST VANCOUVER, B.C. – Save the date for Park Royal’s annual Starry Nights event, which takes place on Friday, November 16 and Wednesday, November 21. Now in its third year, Starry Nights is one of Park Royal’s signature fundraising events with one hundred percent of the proceeds going directly to local charities and community groups.
Last year, over 2,000 guests came together for two exclusive evenings of shopping specials to celebrate local charities and give back to the community. Guests took advantage of the astounding specials and
deals that retailers provided, all in the name of charity, and enjoyed live entertainment, food and wine tastings, amazing prizes and tons of surprises.
“Starry Nights is turning into one of our most successful fundraising events, thanks to the unwavering support of the thousands of individuals who attend and are passionate about giving back to the local community,” said Nancy Small, Director of Marketing and Sustainability at Park Royal. “Last year, we achieved our goal of doubling our attendance numbers and raised over $22,000 for local charities and community groups.”
Both event nights will have a distinctive entertainment element and will provide guests with different, unique experiences, such as:
- Live entertainment by DJ Leanne’s award-winning team of GirlOnWax DJ’s, singer Hermann Fruhm, solo-saxophone player Buddha Saxx, brass-band Santa’s Brass, the jazz stylings of Gerald Boey, and Christmas folk music by Noelle
- Two wine lounges, sponsored by Liberty Wine Merchants
- Food tasting tables by White Spot, Cupcakes, and The Keg, just to name a few
- Grand Prize of two round trip airfare tickets to anywhere in Canada on WestJet, provided by Maritime Travel and WestJet Vacations
- Outstanding deals and sales from Park Royal retailers that you won’t find any other time of the year (such as, fifty percent off regular priced merchandise at select retailers)
- Door prizes and other amazing surprises!
Park Royal’s Starry Nights event takes place on Friday, November 16 and Wednesday, November 21 from 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM. Tickets are $10 per night (or enjoy both nights for $15), with all proceeds supporting local charities and community groups. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at Park Royal Guest Services Hubs North and South.
For more information about Starry Nights, visit http://www.shopparkroyal.com/campaigns/starry-nights-0.
About Park Royal
Home to over 280 stores and services, Park Royal and The Village at Park Royal feature 1.2 million square feet of high quality retail. Situated at the foot of the landmark Lions Gate Bridge and minutes from downtown Vancouver, Park Royal is at the forefront of fashion and retail in the Lower Mainland. Learn more at shopparkroyal.com.
Amanda Eaton | Communications Coordinator | 604-923-4729 | firstname.lastname@example.org