Availability: Days, evenings and weekends
Career Level: Experienced (Manager or Supervisor of Staff)
Education: High School or equivalent
To apply: Apply online at ardenecareers.com
The position of the Assistant Manager is primarily to support the Store Manager to achieve the sales objectives, improve employee performance and ensure efficient store operations. This also includes proper merchandising and maintaining excellent customer service standards through leading by example and consistent coaching of the store team.
The Assistant Manager is required to provide sales and customer service leadership to employees and project the company’s culture and image through both excellent customer service and strong visual presentation techniques.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets;
- In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager must have the ability to oversee all store operations including: opening and closing the store, store cleanliness, re-stocking and merchandising, customer service and supervision of the store team;
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system;
- Comply with policy and regulations as per the company’s employee manual with regards to integrity and loss prevention.
- Minimum 1 year management experience or experience in a leadership role (preferably in a retail environment);
- High-school diploma;
- Excellent selling and customer service abilities;
- Strong time management, and priority setting skills;
- Ability to give and take direction;
- Friendly disposition and positive attitude.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
Apply now at www.ardenecareers.com for a chance to build your career with a dynamic, industry-leading, fashion forward company!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.